Best free magazines for your kids
Like most seven-year-old children, mine enjoys doing puzzles, arts and crafts, playing games and coloring pictures. She also has an insatiable appetite for reading. I, therefore, am always looking for material for her to read. There is so much material out there in cyberspace and in magazines, it can become overwhelming trying to find something suitable for her age group. Cost is also another factor that motivates my choices. The list below contains a few that I've found that are not only appropriate, but good value for the money.
- Weekly Reader – Geared to kids, teens and teachers, this online magazine is full of games, puzzles, quizzes, trivia and even features writing contests.
- Fandangle – An online family magazine that is filled with stories, poems, interesting facts and games to motivate imaginative play. It offers writing contests and includes great resources for parents and teachers.
- Scholastic – Another online magazine, it offers rich content that's aimed at motivating, educating and entertaining children, to gain a greater understanding of the world around them. It includes games, online books to read and contests.
- Family Fun – It's available online and in print (10 issues for $10). It's another wonderful family magazine that includes arts and crafts, cooking ideas, games, printables and party planning.
- Highlights – This time-honored magazine is available online as well as in print. For $26, your child will receive 12 issues, jam-packed with crafts, puzzles, jokes, riddles and science experiments. They offer an assortment of magazines for all different ages.
- Zoobooks – Winner of the 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 Parents Choice Gold Award. It costs $23 for 13 issues. With no advertisements, its pages are filled with brilliant photographs, pull-out activities and remarkable illustrations and diagrams. Each issue features a specific animal.
Whether you're looking for online or print magazines, the choices are endless and there are great ones in both formats.
|Write A Comment|